Monday, September 05, 2005

A Week and an Eternity

I will start by pointing out to MC that the five days since my last post doesn't actually qualify as a week. You jumped the gun a little.

I am sure that you all realize that I have spent plenty of time with the baby and taken very little time to reflect on what to post. This is not to say that this blog is going to die off, I have simply been taking full advantage of the first 12 days of my daughter's existence.

These twelve days have been incredible. I knew my whole world would change, but I didn't expect them to change every day. Unfortunately, in the mean time, while I am adjusting, I have little time to think of things worth posting about.

Between the "Little Bird" and the stories of the devastation in the south, little room has been left in my mind that hasn't been sufficient simply to deal with the moment at hand. Give me a little more time to adjust and I will be back to meditating and expounding on life in general.

Little to note right now, but the one change of the last couple of days, (or documentation of a two month old change) may as well be acknowledged. I now officially have the certificate that declares to all who cares (read nobody) that I have been ordained. What is Reverend Graves doing that Steven Graves wasn't? Absolutely nothing. Good thing I went through that work, huh?

Still waiting on MC to announce we are playing some poker. In the mean time, go back to your regularly scheduled life, or something close to it.

5 Comments:

Blogger wellis68 said...

congrats on the new baby!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Thanks to the both of you.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

congrats for not being nearly as sexymundo extraordinaire as me

4:45 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

just what does your official ordination read...i am ignorant of the covering or the process...
love that baby and honor her creator!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

MaryEllen,

It reads: "This is to certify that the bearer hereof Steven Michael Graves has been ordained this day May 14, 2005 and has all rights and privileges to perform all duties of the ministry."

It also has the seal, the notation of credentials of ministry, signatures and various aesthetic additions.

As for what it covers, that depends on the state. Most states take that as sufficient for the performance of marriages, funeral ceremonies, various chaplain functions and etc... Others like New York require you to register yourself. I am still researching what hoops I have to jump through to accomplish that part of things, but thus far haven't been very effective in eliciting a response from the county clerk's office to acquire the details.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home