Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Random Thoughts

I am not planning on anything too profound this evening. Just a couple of thoughts. First: the gas strike that went on yesterday, or today, or tomorrow. Nobody seems to be in agreement. Perhaps that is part of the problem. Only a small part though. I spent all day yesterday arguing against the theory of this with my co-workers. (Kind of like discussing quantum physics with Emily.) I don't even own a car, but this whole concept is so frustrating. "Let's get back at the companies and send them a message that they can't dictate the price of gas on a whim. We will do this by avoiding buying gas on a single day. This will lose them 'X' dollars today and gain it for them tomorrow."

Even if we could hurt their pocket books, look at the common sense of the issue. If the complaint is them raising prices on a whim, why strike out at them? We still need the gas, and they know it. We hurt their pockets today, they raise the prices tomorrow and leave them that way. That's socking it to them.

On the point of emily, here she is: http://www.growingfamily.com/webnursery/babypage_view.asp?URLID=3M8U5F9L8F

I am sure there are other things going on in my mind, but as normal, they aren't coming out to play. So that's all of the window I give for now on my life, or something close to it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Your baby is stunning! She's beautiful. I can't get over how alert she seems -- she's looking right at the camera with complete confidence :). Enjoy every minute -- they grow so fast.

CONGRATULATIONS!

1:13 AM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

Yeah that is pretty retarded. Not only do the pil companies not dictate the price of gas on a whim (that would be OPEC and the Arabs), but your other point is exactly what I said to the person who first mentioned the Sept 3 thing to me: If we don't buy gas that day, then on Sept 4 the price will be $6/gal, and if we don't buy that day it's $12/gal the day after.

Suppose for a moment that somehow not buying the gas breaks them. Good job retard, you just brought some huge American corporations crashing down to their knees and not only disrupted the American economy and got tens of thousands of people laid off, but also cut off our supply of gas. I bet THAT'll drive down prices.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

what a cutie, she looks just like martha...
as far as the gas goes (how high is it there?) I don't think Katrina was a whim...

1:57 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

I never said Katrina was a whim. I surely wasn't belittling what she has done. Remember, many of those buildings and streets that they are showing in Biloxi look horrible to all of you, but I hold many memories on those streets, in those buildings. They are nightmare images from some of my best memories.

However, in reference to the oil, if that truly is responsible for the inflated cost, does this make the strike make more sense? Are we teaching Katrina a lesson then?

6:58 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

Maybe it's like what my Army buddy Mike, a Floridian, told me about the tsunami that wrecked Indonesia last December. "If that shit happened in Florida, the very next day we'd go out and nuke the ocean, just to teach it a lesson."

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home