Saturday, August 20, 2005

No news is definitely NOT good news.

Well folks, there is little to report other than the fact that we are still waiting. They picked me up from work at about 9:30 last night when her contractions got within 3-4 minutes. Unfortunately, after hours of walking around the hospital and occasional checks on progress, the professionals decided to send her home, as it appeared that Emily was making herself known, but had no interest in coming out to play yet.

Now, nearly twenty four hours later, the story is much the same. With the exception of being more tired and frustrated than I was at two o'clock this morning. I can't even begin to imagine how Martha keeps smiling at me through this.

I went to work this morning, to work my eight to three shift. Management decided after the night I had that they would let me go at 11:30a so I could get some rest. A plan that seemed to be reinforced, despite the humor value, by my running commentary about the callers I dealt with after we hung up. As one of my co-workers pointed out, it might have only been a matter of time before I didn't wait until one of them hung up.

I left work and found that the bar across the street is open at that hour of the morning. A detail that allowed for me to play the role of intoxicated passenger when my mother picked me up an hour and a half later. I actually hung around with her at the bar for a little bit and discussed my frustration with the way things were going, and my complete inability to help this thing move along at a better pace. Then we collected Martha up and made a bunch of different stops, window shopping and letting her get lots of walking in to help things along. Not that the impact of this appears to have been too significant yet. So, as some of you with experience might have surmised, I still haven't slept since I was let out early to go to sleep. I don't know if I will be able to do so in a few minutes when I attempt to.

Anyway, that's the latest news. As I said, I will keep you all posted, and hopefully it will be soon. In the mean time, I will let you folks resume your normal lives, or something close to it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hegemon said...

Next time she pulls that fake labor crap, just go left, up, right, down, A + B and then hold the left trigger. Should solve anything.

Also scientists have recently proven that if you put women in that paint can shaking machine at hardware stores that they give birth faster. And when they're done giving birth, scientists have alsorecently proven that putting them back into the shaking machine is funny.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

yep, both my boys hit the due dates right on the nose...but then i don't have any daughters to compare it too so i'll just take chip's observation as proof
you guys can joke...i'll be praying
it aint easy but its worth it.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

An honest question:

Who are the both of youse?

PS: It is also often said that God never closes a door for the same reason the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man never cleans my air conditioning ducts.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

MaryEllen is Ardy's mother. Perhaps you recall him from my wedding? Martha's friend, nicknamed Afroboy? If not, I will show you a picture.

Chip, well, I don't know who he is, or how he found my blog. However, since he has been an invaluable source of wisdom and comfort through my wife's pregnancy with stories of his daughter Emily (who was also born at RGH) I am thankful that he found his way here.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home