Friday, August 19, 2005

Letting You Folks Down

I know I have hardly been keeping up my end of the bargain with this blog, and as I watch the counter continue to climb I feel bad that some of you keep popping in to find nothing posted. I have been so busy preparing for the birth of Emily that the rare occasion I have to take a few minutes to myself I take advantage of, rather than coming out here to post.

Martha still hasn't given birth yet, but I may be updating this information as early as morning. Those of you whose phone #'s I have, don't be surprised to hear them ringing shortly. Martha went from no real contractions at the time of her doctor's appointment this morning to about six every ten minutes over the last hour, getting closer and more intense. She is staying here at my mother's for a few more hours, and I am off to work momentarily. I am expecting that at some point in my shift I will be leaving to head for the hospital. I will keep you folks posted, but we are getting close and I am very excited, and alarmed at the speed at which everything turned around. Especially since I have been proclaiming for months that today would be the day Emily would be born, and had just begun to acknowledge this was unlikely when our Mother awakened her newest daughter and whispered, "It's almost time, dear."

All of our preparations are becoming reality, but one of those preparations is still to go to work on time. So I will leave off here. Lisa, in case you didn't get either of my messages, happy belated birthday. MaryEllen, relay the same to your son, I am writing to him but I am not talented with the pen and paper style of things (and have an injured index finger which isn't helping this) so I am a little slow. I promise not to be as slow as Carol. :)

To all of you, enjoy this moment in life, or something close to it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hegemon said...

Yo, dude, give me a call when it's time to go, I'll be moral support. Immoral support. Whatever. I'll bring booze.

Seriously, give me a call.

2:32 AM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

P.S. STFU drama queen.

I say this because seriously you should calm down.

2:42 AM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

Don't you ever, EVER speak that way about Souza Blanca in my presence again.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Mc, if you are bringing the Tequila, remind me to avoid you until after the event is over. Then you might have to fight me for the bottle. In the mean time, I will keep you posted.


P.S. Wake up and answer your phone. :)

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home