Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Wait Goes On

I hope those of you who keep checking in to see the latest progress on this saga are as frustrated as I am. I just love to share the wealth. I will just throw the obvious out there. Still no Emily yet.

Today has been an interesting day. I purchased a new set of runes last night, during my wanderings with my wife. I also purchased her a necklace made out of alternating chips of lapis and malechite. This set of runes are carved into pieces of amethyst. (A witch's best friend.) I figured on focusing on one per day, a practice I did several years ago, to refamiliarize myself with the runes and their various meanings. I began this morning, drawing the one named Othala.

Lady Sabrina, in "The Witch's Master Grimoire" labels this one as separation. Indicative of moving forward on a journey or with a plan. Another source refers to this as the ancestral home. Indicative of spiritual journey or moving forward with one's goals. A third interpretation was the least descriptive, and simply refers to it as home. A focus on one's family and the survival and thriving of the same.

These three don't particularly disagree. Particularly not if you apply them to the quest I am on right now, which is taking two of a kind and working on a full house. Of course, as frantic as I have been about this as of late, I could probably find the same interpretation in almost anything.

Oddly enough, one might look for a completely different interpretation of this rune at this point, and since these same may not know what I am referring to with this rune, I will tell you why. This particular rune also looks strikingly similar to the fish you see on many Christian's cars, bumper stickers etc... I don't really think this has anything to do with anything, but I would be lax if I didn't mention that the thought occurred to me. A sign? Probably not. But an amusing notation.

That's all that is going on with me at the moment. I will update you folks if anything new occurs in my life, or something close to it.

11 Comments:

Blogger Hegemon said...

You gotta get rid of these runes. Even if you catch a third ancestral home on the flop, you're still probably going to lose to the flush or straight.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

PS Did I tell you I'm making it my business to make sure she grows up lesbian?

1:55 AM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

... except that his runes lose to the flush!

DUH.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

PS For fuck's sake I'm bored. I demand four updates a day from now on. PS2 Call me this afternoon before 2:30 if you have $30 and no plans for tonight. XBox I might as well page you instead, you're not likely to see this before then.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

and they mounted four rows of stones on it, the first row was of ruby, topaz, and emerald, and the second row, a turquoise, a sapphire and a diamond, and the third row, a jacinth, an agate and an amethyst: and the fouth row, a beryl, an onyx and a jasper...
man puts an end to darkness and to the farthest limit he searches out the rock in gloom and deep shadow...it's rocks are the source of sapphires...he puts his hand on the flint, he overturns the mountains at the base and his eyes see anyting precious...but where can wisdom be found? pure gold can not be given in exchange for it, it cannot be valued in the gold of ophir, in preciouse onyx or sapphire, coral and crystal are not to be mentioned, the acquistion of wisdom is about that of pearls and amethyst...be wise.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

Hey...congratulations and welcome Emily Carol...blessings blessings blessings - oops did i let the cat out of the bag?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

No, Martha let the cat out of the bag at 12:06. Or the baby out of the box, as it were. Except it was a C-section, so I guess it's baby out of something else.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

WELCOME EMILY!!! Congratulations!!!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

WELCOME EMILY!!! Congratulations!!!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

I am glad that you let the cat out of the bag, MaryEllen. I felt kind of bad about suddenly leaving you folks hanging while I was at the hospital. Not too bad, because I had more pressing events on my mind, but I am still glad that you let the folks know the basics.

Further, MaryEllen, I must add that your quote there amazed me. I guess I am not the only one that is capable of shocking the other one. I am going to go ahead and post this and then check, but if I find that I did not specify that the runes are amethyst, I will be more impressed, though not completely surprised in that regard. Having expressed a past familiarity with witchcraft, you undoubtedly would know the significance of that stone to us. Still, I was not expecting such a quote as that. I would love to know the origin, especially if it is you.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

you did mention amethyst, which happens to be my birthstone, and the quotes are from Job and Exodus - Old Testament - Bible
your account of Emilie's birth brought tears to my eyes, but oh know, I gotta finish my lesson plans.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home