Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Mourning Moon

The Mourning Moon became full at 7:58am EST today. It will rise over Rochester, NY at 4:45pm EST and will set tomorrow at 8:25am EST

Over Farmington, NM it became full at 5:58am MST, before setting at 6:54am MST. It will rise again at 5:09pm MST to set tomorrow at 8:11am MST.

The Mourning moon is a good time to remember what we have lost over the last year, much the same as with Samhain. It is a time where the harvests, and the thinning of the herds will have been reaching completion, and we prepare to last through the winter. As the weather becomes more harsh we work on simply surviving and continuing the fight. We remember those who didn't manage to continue the fight this past year for whatever reason. We look to the cold, dark days ahead, and with a little sense we look beyond them to when the days will stretch again and the weather warm once more. The Mourning moon is also referred to as the Frost moon.

The next Sabatt will be Yule on December 21st.
The next New Moon will be November 20th at 5:18pm EST.
The next Full Moon (Long Nights Moon or Cold Moon) will be December 4th at 7:25pm EST.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hegemon said...

So what did we all lose this year?

Besides for American democracy?

11:10 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

I lost thousands of dollars gambling.

I lost my clean criminal record.

I lost two different jobs.

I lost my pants, belt, and two shirts.

I lost some of my stature amongst groups.

I lost my respect for some people.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home