Monday, September 25, 2006

Not Restarting The Debate

I found it interesting that Bill Maher visited the same topic as I started the most recent firestorm with here. In particular, it was one of his muslim guests who really pushed the thought process I had that religion created a field for hate. They addressed it better than I did. Specifically the fact that God may not demand hatred and violence, but God does leave a gap in which He is not specifically speaking to us as humans and so we fill in the gaps our own way. This isn't religion's fault. Many of these religions don't teach this violence, but they create a nice little breeding ground for it. Thus was the conclusion they drew.

As I said, I am not revisiting the argument, just pointing out that someone may have addressed the topic better. Or maybe not. After all it is a different format. He sets off an angry firestorm and he might lose his show. I do so and I get a response. Maybe we both succeeded. (By the way, I have a new reason to be annoyed at that conversation tapering off. It didn't make the largest number of comments. There is one post from a year ago that hit 40 comments, and worse it did so because of Chris P.)

If you have the opportunity to catch the encore of tonight's show, it might be worthwhile. If not, that's life, or something close to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hegemon said...

You can't make me.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Sure I can. All it will take is 32 matches and a can of beano. You can make anything with 32 matches and a can of beano. Even a MC.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home