Sunday, August 27, 2006

Birthday and Baptism

I didn't actually post on her birthday, but Emily turned one on August 24th of this year. It is amazing looking back at the original posts on this blog which were written in preparation for her birth, and comments about new fatherhood afterward. It is crazy to realize that a year has passed. It has been quite a journey, and one that will continue I am sure. Today we baptised her and celebrated her birthday and her baptism at my parents' house with family and friends. Which means, of course, that you folks get more pictures.

First an unrelated picture, that is just Emily in a high chair:



Here we have a frame that her Godparents gave her, with a little blessing to their Godchild (I know the picture isn't great, remember these all come from a camera phone):



Then we have the pictures of her eating her cupcake:





Finally we have her playing with her new favorite toy. The one daddy picked out:



Blogger is being a pain in the ass again, and won't let me put the rest of the pictures up yet. When I get it to play nice again, there will be more from today and a few from when we took her out to breakfast on her birthday. In the mean time you are out of luck. That's life, or something close to it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hegemon said...

I never make the evening paper.

I thought maybe this was a complex enough issue that there'd be a post about when I came over and we discussed stuff.

Incidentally, sorry if I left a tad sudden but I honestly was fried. I'd been up til 4 or 5am the day I worked 9-2, nd had stayed up til 1:45 that night before working at 7am til 5, so by 5:30 or whenever I got to your place I wanted to go to sleep so much.

6:38 AM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

she a keeper! We've enjoyed every stage with our boys and we haven't had any real major promblems with them even as teenagers. Not saying their saints.
It seem strange we are about to come empty nestiers

5:51 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

You take time to make the "evening paper." I had thought I might be too tired myself to formulate my opinions on what we discussed at the point I came up here. After fighting with blogger over the pictures for over an hour, I definitely was.

I might be quicker to jump right out here and bring up some of these things we discuss if you were just a tad bit more superficial. :)

You will get your chance though. I do plan on addressing it shortly. When I have a couple of spare minutes.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Emily! She's a cutie.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home