Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Standing With Israel Banner

Some of you may have noticed that I recently had a banner that said "I stand with Israel" on my blog and it has sense vanished. This does not reflect a wishy washy position on my part as to what is going on over there. Rather, one of the people who visited my blog followed the link attached to the banner, and having also done so myself and investigated the blog it came from, I removed the banner. I stand with Israel, but not with that blog. If any of you more technologically savvy people out there might have the no how to create a similar such banner and would care to share with me, or know of one that already exists that won't link to a blog I object to, then I will return it. In the meantime, the blog is back as it was.

MC also had a complaint regarding the banner, on a technical level, so to him I will say: The banner wasn't fucking up my sidebar. It was your quiz again. You have to adjust the width on those things, since most of them have a width of 600 which is too wide to allow my sidebar room. So, I edited the code on one of your quizzes again. (BTW that is what I meant by the picture being outside of the cellspacing, I adjusted the width of your quiz last time as well, it just didn't fix it until I ditched the picture.)

So, that is the technical side of life, or something close to it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hegemon said...

Actually if you read the e-mail I sent from my gmail account, my complaint was also about what you saw if you clicked on the banner.

You and me are kind of stupid sometimes.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

You are the "one of the people" referred to, I just didn't get around to naming you until the second paragraph to avoid the trouble of blasting some tedious dumbshit that claimed that I bowed down to your anti-religious ways and removed it in fear of the mighty MC.

Many of those kinds of things aren't really directly linked to anything beyond the page that shares it. Further, I didn't figure anybody would follow it beyond the banner page. Once you indicated that you had....

Anyway, we caught it and removed it, although I would still like to find something similar that didn't lead to such lunacy.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

Who blasted you and where?

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home