Saturday, January 07, 2006

Interesting Things A Stat Counter Can Tell You

I have been roaming around the various statcounter records. (For those of you who don't know, StatCounter is more than that little number at the bottom of the main page. It also tracks a myriad of little details that I have no real practical use for.)

Such as:

Cindy Bryan is at this point the primary gateway to my blog. Three times as many people got here from there than the next runner up. (This of course doesn't count any of you that come straight here, and thus don't have a source page.) Thanks Cindy.

- Apparently nobody came to my site by using keywords to search for something. Kind of disappointing, since this was the main thing I was looking for in this stat bunch. (To see what kind of interesting keyword combinations people use to find others out there, check this out.)

- I have had visits from five different states and three different countries.

- Length of visit: 66.7% - Less than five seconds. (Speed readers, or am I that boring?) 15.7% - Longer than an hour. (The counter doesn't track me, which makes me curious as to who spends all that time here.)
8%ish - 5 mins to 20 mins
4%ish - 5 to 30 seconds (same for 30 secs to 5 mins)
2% - 20 mins to half an hour
**I just learned, helpful to my ego, that since the stat counter is on the main page, if someone visits, goes straight off the main page and doesn't return, it only rates that less than five second stretch.

Well, that's all of the fun I can find with that. There are the stats of my life, or something close to it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

you're welcome.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

but your link to me doesn't work.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Fixed, and oddly, given my reason for not posting the pictures to the original post, I didn't lose the comments this time. Sorry about that. Don't know why the link originally went that way, since that isn't how I typed it in.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I edit posts all the time without affecting the comments. I don't know why that would happen.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Interestingly enough, the statcounter link was glitched too, but noone had a reason to figure that out. It's fixed anyway.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Here's a weird one. I just got an email error message that my earlier comment seen above: "you're welcome" could not be delivered.

Do tell, as we like to say.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home