Thursday, December 29, 2005

Emily Updated

Once again we took her to the doctor's office today. The difference being that this particular visit was originally supposed to be a well baby visit. Today they weighed her (12lbs, 11oz), measured her (I remember it was 25 I just don't remember if it was centimeters or inches.), and then gave her some shots.

I have to say that I was not particularly amused when two nurses marched in with two needles a piece. I knew she needed to have some shots but I didn't realize that she was going to be a pincushion. She was pretty mad about the shots. She was sleeping and they didn't even bother to wake her up first. I thought that we kind of rude. Even an adult would wake up pissed in that scenario. The doctor did comment that she was reacting as more angry than to the pain itself. She also calmed down rather quickly. Quicker than her dad did from watching the blood run down her leg from one of the injection sites.

Her hand was rebandaged and Martha and Mom learned how to do it so we can do it twice a day. Not for me, thanks. I still haven't seen the hand without the bandage yet. This is fine with me. I would have been happy if my mother didn't describe it to me yesterday either.

We go to the burn clinic tomorrow and see what they have to say, and I will update you folks on that when it happens. For now, that's the story of my life, or something close to it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Let us know how it goes at the burn clinic. I can only imagine how scary all that was. I've known some parents, with extrememly accident prone children, who become more or less seasoned at handling those kinds of things-- but I never have. For each new catastrophic even, I develop an new way to freak out. Comes with being a parent.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

So sorry to hear of Emily's injury! (I know from experience the trauma is often worse for the parent than the child.) I will certainly be praying for a quick recovery and healing of the burned area.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

Not to be callous, but when I think of the word "catastrophic", anything that will heal in time misses the cut. No pun intended. I think of severed limbs, decapitations, poison-related fatalities, permanent brain damage...

She burned her hand?

4:22 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Yeah, MC, she did. Don't you recall seeing her hand all bandaged up after you wrote that comment?

5:00 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

No, I wasn't looking. I was paying attention to our conversation and to Lisa.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home