Friday, December 16, 2005

Yesterday's Fun

I had planned on coming on last night and posting about the Longest Moon (Yesterday's full moon) like I did last month. Originally I was going to post it at midnight, but I went to be early, so I figured I would get to it after I got home from work yesterday. When I got home from work my wife was already gone, so I played with my daughter for a few minutes, then intending to come on and post it when she laid down. (Although said posting would have been after the moon's rise at 4:16pm, but I already got home too late to detail that anyway.)

I took the baby upstairs and put her down to sleep and went down to have a cigarette. We had a minor ice storm last night. I knew it was coming when I went outside. I didn't know it had already left some treacherous ice cover. Like on the steps off of my porch. Instead of the usual four steps down it only took one, and a much rougher landing. I landed on my back and cracked my head pretty good on the steps.

When I came back in, my mother was good enough to point out that if I had quit smoking I wouldn't have fallen. Then she pointed to the baby monitor and informed me that Emily wasn't staying asleep.

So between trying to care for the baby with one arm and ignore the pain in my back, head and entire left side, I kind of neglected the post. I will resume it again next month. Unless someone starts clamoring for a belated post on the subject. (I won't hold my breath.)

That's most of the excitement of the last day or two, and I am preparing to drug myself and go back to sleep. So, the rest of you might as well return to your life, or something close to it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hegemon said...

Will you hurry up and post about.. what? The fucking moon? Is it doing something different than what it normally does? Oh, it's not? nevermind...

PS: You really do make me want to non-sarcastically tell you "It's not spirits, it's just rai-" sometimes. I feel like this statement should be made to you.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Obviously applicable to a reference to the history of the naming of different moons based on seasonal issues, a topic not particularly mired in any spirituality, but rather survival and observance of seasons amongst people who didn't have calendars.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

and i was going to ask you just exactly it was full in my neck of the woods, pretty awesome sight for a couple of nights...sorry about your head...but this isn't really Arthur B Roberts, it is Maryellen, only I got here the long way around, so it looks like i'm him but i not...never mind...

5:51 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

The Longest Moon rose over Farmington at 4:50pm on December 15th. It set at 8:33am on December 16th. That's as close to you as I can get information for.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Although it was full at 16:15 EST, well before it rose. For advanced warning for the next one, although I will mention it again on that date, it will be full January 14th 2006 at 09:47 EST. Rising in your area at 17:37 Mountain Standard time and setting the following day at 08:34. (If you want the name, look it up, or wait til I post about it in January.)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

farmington is close enough...
the best i've ever seen out here was a morning full moon setting over the rock pinacle for which Shiprock is named...it occured in August 2004, brought tears to my eyes as I was driving to work...

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home