Thursday, October 13, 2005

What's Happening

Honestly, not all that much, which is why there isn't much by way of comment on this site. I have been having a couple of interesting conversations on several of my friend's blogs, but haven't had much of anything to inspire me to write about on my own. I guess there is a lot to be said for such a boring life. Normally the items in life that inspire post after post are the less fortunate ones. Not always though.

I have found myself somewhat immersed in religious debate as of late. I participate in a couple of blogs on which this is the primary area of conversation, and I am anxiously awaiting the return of the Jehovah's witnesses who left me this darling little brochure on Sunday and promised to come back to discuss it this week. :) I doubt they will come, they never do, but I am looking forward to it anyway on the off chance that it might happen. I think it would be an interesting conversation. I am not sure that they would agree with me.

Emily is busy growing up, one day at a time. She smiles now. More specifically, when she is half asleep in her mother's arms as I come in from work, she opens her eyes and smiles when she hears my voice. That is definitely something to make a father skip a heart beat.

The other day Martha was holding her and she saw her shadow. She started making noises and moving around, trying to reach for it. It was quite something to watch. As was the later "conversation" with an empty beer can on the table next to her. (We've determined she likes the color red.)

There is not much else going on right now, but the little that is going on needs getting back to. So I am going to wander downstairs and leave you guys to your regularly scheduled life, or something close to it.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please use the information on the back of the pamphlet you recieved, if you did not get a return call. Please don't give up!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

Quiet you. Apparently you did not understand the sarcasm.

Apparently there's a lot you don't understand.

I want to slit your throat.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

From one post I get someone fawning over my daughter, a well meaning Jehova's Witness and a quick response from the resident bouncer. It's so nice to touch people. :)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

Unless I show the court on the doll exactly where you touched me.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Unless the doll is smiling, I don't think it would be accurate.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

You wouldn't be able to tell at that angle anyways.

5:15 PM  
Blogger TruthSeeker said...

Hello there,
Tell me what brochure they left and I would welcome an opportunity to discuss it.

Just my 2 cents as I continue my journey in finding the truth of God.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Truthseeker - I am always willing to discuss any theological angle that others wish to discuss, but I must be frank and say that MC was closer to the truth. He is wrong in as much as I really do have an interest in sitting down and discussing with these folks at some point. For me it is just a new avenue of discussion though. The truth is that I am rather firm in my beliefs and doubt I would be swayed. Not that I don't enter into such conversations with an open mind as long as the other side's is open as well. That being said, my primary disappointment is simply that these folks will go out of their way to come around once with their pamphlets, which don't say a whole lot, but can't be bothered to come back and talk to those who are interested. I imagine they get turned away from a lot of doors. My willingness to discuss surely should have invited their return, should it not? Yet they never do.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home