Sunday, September 11, 2005

A Keeper

Well, having read MC's contribution this morning I am pleased that I opened that door. As you visit my blog, for the time being at least, you are likely to continue to at least see his initials as a contributor. Partially because it is more simple than removing him and returning him again later if something comes up. Partially because, as I knew despite my misgivings, any such columns he might add in the future will be likely to be as thought provoking and insightful. Who knows if he will be inspired to post for us again.

MC, I must say I was surprised by the particular track that your argument took. This is not to say I am surprised this was your point of view, just that I was surprised by the original exposure to it. It certainly wasn't either of the topics I had thought you planned on commenting on. I was also mildly surprised that in several conversations on similar topics in the "face to face" world you referenced, this is the first time you presented this particular line of thinking.

I can't say that I am certain I completely agree with you in practicality, though perhaps more so in theory. At the very least, it has provided something for me to think about today while I have a quiet house for the next couple of hours. It saves me the trouble of thinking about how I am going to word this little speech I so don't want to make this evening. As to that, you folks may suffer with me a little later. As long as I have to craft my thoughts into some manner of presentation for an audience of little more than five I suspect, I may as well test them out on you folks as well.

If I do, it might seem a little surprising to have a sudden shift in topic, but that's just a part of life or something close to it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wanderer said...

Thanks for the suggestion, but then, this was never particularly a professional venture. The only thing I aim for is the forum and responses I already have. Works for me.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

Dude, that was spam. Seriously. You don't need to reply.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

Do you mean to equate my well-thought out and earnestly meant opinion with the psychotic soapboxery of prison inmates?

9:34 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

MC,

Spam? Really? No kidding? You who have seen me respond verbally to the television for the sake of my own bizarre sense of humor should realize that I wasn't starting a dialogue with our spammer. I just figured replying would be more fun than deleting it and making people wonder who I was censoring.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

I call.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

I see. I'll post elsewhere in the future.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

I would hope that:

a) MC, you wouldn't cease to add your part to this forum on the grounds of one detractor.

b) Chip, you would remember that rebutting facts leads to debate, whereas open and unfounded (at least in your post) flaming of contributors might come to offending their friends. (read moderator)

I will never interfere with debates, providing facts more than flame are involved. I also realize the joking has gone a little bit beyond where most would take it between myself and MC, and Chip/MC. However, I suggest all be careful. If the humor is lost on the "victim" it results in merely being abusive, something I aim to avoid.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home