Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Fourth of July

Salutations and greetings. Happy 4th to you all, and I hope this day finds you well. Not much on the home front to announce or complain about. Martha is still getting rounder. Her feet are as well, but now that enough of us gang up on her to keep them elevated, she is doing well.

She is also having difficulty with her fingers swelling a little bit. Every one says that this is to be expected, given the heat and everything. It annoys me to hear that. If it was so "expected" by so many, you would think one of them would have warned her that it could happen over night. That she wouldn't have time to note the beginning of swelling and remove her wedding band. Now, while it doesn't cause her discomfort yet, it is firmly fixed on her finger, and she frets about the fact that we may not find a way to get it off and they might have to cut it off. (The ring, not the finger.) While we have gotten plenty of suggestions that haven't worked yet, we would be willing to take any bits of advice that experience has taught any of the rest of you on that score.

Aside from the little ring dilemma, things are going fairly well. We are getting ready to go off and watch the firework display. I hope the rest of you are enjoying yourselves, and I will be back soon with more to say. (If I don't come up with anything worth saying, I will probably say it anyway, so stay tuned.)

By the way. Anthony gave me another first experience with babies. He consumed ten ounces of formula shortly before my arrival, and shortly after my arrival it was all accounted for when he spit it all over my chest. It was like something out of the exorcist. It was quite amusing. Oddly enough he was hungry again shortly after that. Well, I guess that's just life or something close to it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

I haven't been able to take off my wedding ring in 20 years. Art had to have his cut off last summer after three hours of playing the conga drums at a worship service in a park. we were supposed to get new ones this year when we celebrated our 25th,,, but couldn't afford it. Try to get the swelling to go down with ice...
missed the fireworks this year...

8:40 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

and I had a dream about Martha and the family last night. Not a very rememberable dream, only I woke up and said a prayer for you guys...

4:12 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Several people I have talked to have told me that they had similar experiences with their rings while pregnant. All seem to think increased swelling unlikely. My mother said that hers was less loose than Martha's, and got tight, but not to the point of danger. We're hoping, but we will see.

Maryellen, I thank you for your prayers and hope that nothing too serious comes up to warrant concern. If it does, though, we'll hang onto faith and surely let you all know about it out here.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home