Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Work is fun

Okay, now, stop laughing, there's more than just a title here. Actually I just got off of work, which is part of what prompted me to throw that little detail out. It isn't that I don't enjoy my place of employment. In truth, I have never enjoyed working anywhere more. Somedays I just wonder if I should have called in sick though . I am not the type to call in sick and not go in to work, but somedays I wish I could call in sick for half of the day.

With the right environment, and the right amount of downtime, working there reminds me a lot of dealing with the mafia, where all of the players think they are the boss, and they are all four. Usually we get along just fine, but when you get to a point that one of the people whom you are supervising asks you to speak up, and then snaps at you for yelling at them... I didn't lose my temper, but I was close. Tom actually wrote the word "Relax" on a piece of paper and held it up in my line of view. (A tactic I had used once when one of my crew was being abused by a customer, and Tom has found amusing ever since.)

I am glad that with Thursday comes the first day of my weekend. Of course it also is the last day of my weekend, but a break is good anyway.

I am looking forward to a couple of things. As I said, I am finally getting my third tattoo done tomorrow afternoon. Something I have been planning for nearly two years. That has me a little excited. Martha's baby shower is on Saturday. I can't say I find that as exciting, but it will be nice to have it out of the way so that my co-workers and friends stop asking me for details I don't have.

Not much else knew to talk about, or complain about, at the moment. I guess I will go give Martha a little break with Anthony. He is particularly congested and fussy this morning and very demanding of attention right now. Not that any of us mind giving it. It's kind of nice to just sit back and take care of the simple needs of someone so small, particularly after dealing with the complexities of some of the problems we deal with at work and other aspects of our life.

Yeah, go ahead, copy that last part and hold on to it for another day when I may be complaining about all of the work that goes into taking care of Emily. You might want to make sure that my hands are full when you point it out though. :)

Well, I will catch y'all on the next round. Smile at this thing we call life, or something like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home