Monday, July 17, 2006

Raising Hell

I must say that the combination of an angry outburst of mine and the lack of too many opportunities to get back on line definitely spurred quite the reaction. Perhaps a lesson in not writing things when you are angry and or tired. Or at least not publishing them until you have the chance to review them again.

I don't regret posting the previous post, even if some of the stuff put out there was a little less than sensible. I got too significant a reaction to regret having started it. I do regret that MC and Lisa both apparently feel I am laying some considerable blame on them. Lisa, I am sorry to have angered you as much as I apparently did. We will have to continue (and straighten out) this conversation offline sometime soon, when we have time to make sure we are not being misunderstood. MC, I would be sorry to have angered you, if I didn't do it so frequently that it was bound to happen.

I will clarify in regard to that previous post, though. Was I angry about something when I started writing it? Yes. I frequently am of late. Was I particularly angry about anything that I addressed? No. I think, if assumptions are put on hold for a moment, and those of you who know me look at it again, you will find that I was primarily engaging in some address at to the relevance of what I was writing. The hope being that people might respond as to whether they wanted me to continue in any of the elements of what I write about. I do see where the occasional comment within could be read as spurred by anger, rather than the self deprecating nature intended. Undoubtedly influenced, as I said, by the background state of mind at the time.

Still, all in all, I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed at having kicked the hornets nest. It is good to know that some of you are still willing to kick me when I get obnoxious. The latter is an occasionally inevitable part of life, or something close to it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hegemon said...

You didn;t anger me at all, just confused me because I am always trying to decide if whatever I have written would be welcome if I clicked the "save" button. I guess I get so used to "I'm probably pushing it with this post, but whatever, I'll fight it out if I have to" that I was dumbstruck when I got a "Why doesn't anyone post or argue with me?" response.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Steve, when we venture into other people's lives as we do in blogs, we have to expect to find the occasional obnoxiousness. :-)

Your blog is honest (I think) and I'd rather read somebody getting a little cranky and pouting sometimes (yes I said that)than to read some fake persona designed to only look and sound pretty. I consider you a friend and I'd miss you if you went away. Besides, I don't get along well with people who never get cranky. I think they must be aliens.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

what Cindy said...

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home