Monday, June 12, 2006

The Wonderful Distractions Of Family

I woke up this evening around 7pm when my wife and daughter came into the room with that course of action in mind. When Martha ascertained I was awake, she laid the baby down in bed next to me and I played with her for around half an hour. Then I got up, ate dinner (breakfast?) while just chatting with Martha, something I haven't done other than over the phone in a couple of days. It was great to just relax with them for a while. So great that it led me to forget a couple of things. Like bringing food with me to work. I was also too busy thinking about how enjoyable the start to my evening was to recall the phone call I had told a friend to expect. The plan was to talk with that friend during the bus ride to work. Instead I was too busy wishing I could have more days start like this one had.

So, to said friend whom I told to expect a phone call, if you were actually waiting for it, I am sorry. I will call again at some point in the very near future. Perhaps even on my way home. To said forgotten dinner, I will call upon you when I get home.

To everyone else, I suppose this has little impact on your life, or something close to it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hegemon said...

If you have nothing else to do you could respond to my comment on your other post. I know you don't get the otification e-mails at work.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Trailady said...

Hey Wanderer! Thanks for stopping by my Blog. Drop in anytime. Best wishes to you & your family. :o)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

good talking to ya...

2:30 AM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I've read your post off an on. I just add you to my link page.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home