Friday, March 17, 2006

More Silly Quizzes

Okay, I found this one here.

Take the quiz:
Which Egyptian God or Goddess do you represent? (Pictures!)

Ma'at, Goddess of Order, Harmony, and Truth
Ma'at was the goddess of physical and moral law in Egypt, of order and truth. She was not much of a goddess, but more of a concept. She was what was right; she was the way things should be.

You lead a very well-ordered life. You are just and keep things in balance. You know just how to react to things, and people like you for that.



Quizzes by myYearbook.com -- the World's Biggest Yearbook!



If you followed the link you probably found that I came up with the same answer she did. Quite possibly because each set of questions had a bunch of improbable answers and one or two practical ones. You can tell these things didn't have much thought put in them anytime you can read one or two questions and figure out exactly what they are going for with each answer.

But then again, stupid quizzes do seem to be an important factor in my blogging life, or something close to it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

ok, so I was thoth,
i found those questions quite amusing. then I wondered, what I had wondered so long ago, on that night when I called out to the divine with the lament "I don't even know your name"...why does she/did she have so many names?
and that's when I heard my life changing answer..."What do you mean you don't know my name? I am Jesus, the same Jesus you prayed to as a little girl, and I have been waiting all this time for you to come home to me." Thoth? truth?
Truth is not a concept, it is a person.
At least that's where am I at this point in my life. and i've been here for 26 years.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Chip Nelson said...

Thanks for commenting on my latest encarnation. Hope all is well up there and that Spring is thawing things out. It's been an unusually mild winter down here too.

As always, kiss Emily for us.

Chip

7:54 AM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

Sekhmet, Goddess of War
Sekhmet means She who is powerful. She was a mighty ancient Egyptian goddess, who was the daughter of Ra, and was known as the Eye of Ra. Though known as the goddess of war, Sekhmet was known as the power that protects the good and annihilates the bad. She was meant to destroy the men that rebelled against her father, Ra. She destroyed them with such fury, that Ra feared she might exterminate the entire race.
As for you, I'd say you have a pretty good personality. You know humans cannot be trusted, and you are hesitant to do things, so you stick up for yourself and others well. Just watch that temper of yours and life should be great.




This marks about the first time I ever saw myself in one of your quizzes. The part about Ra's concern even echoes why the department manager won't let me deal with agent issues anymore.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Interesting how I thought there really weren't any sensible variations, and I have two people with different answers than mine. Perhaps behind the silliness there is a little bit more to this one.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

How do you feel about mine?

2:15 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

I agree with you, MC. I definitely see you in that description.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Particularly the "She" pronoun. :)

4:16 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

Also, in what way is truth not a concept?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

She was stating that Jesus is truth. (I suspect you know that already.) This is an example of one of the more damaging aspects to what a number of these churches teach. Give me a few minutes, (Well you probably won't have to, as I am likely to post before you read this.) but this is actually a nice aspect through which to address the White Wolf question. I think I will sit back, have a beer, a cigarette and a think and see what I come up with.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home