Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sometimes The World Really Does Hate You

In the past two days I have managed to tear a fingernail almost completely off and to burn my eyeball. Both doing perfectly innocent things, both times being caught completely off guard. As such, having come to the conclusion that for the moment the world has decided it doesn't like me, I got to wondering about the whole Karma thing. Kind of the metaphysical side of the equal and opposite reaction theory. Not seriously working myself up on it, mind you, just batting it around. Wondering if perhaps the last two days were the payment for some serious wrong I have done in the recent past, of which I am unaware, and if there might perhaps be more to come. Or perhaps it is the setup for something good to happen. Basically, I am wondering if I should expect to get hit in the crotch by a runaway tire on my walk to the bus stop, or some lovely little bit of luck. I wonder if we are playing poker tonight? That would be a good place for one of the above options to happen. (Although I don't know where the tire would come from.)
Just some idle thoughts to pass the last few minutes on the clock before I am free to resume my normal life, or something close to it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

ummm... maybe you just need more sleep! i hope your week gets better. but you might consider wearing athletic protection just in case :-)

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home