Saturday, March 04, 2006

One of my biggest fears.

One of my biggest fears is having something significant and unexpected of a medical nature happen to me. The reason is based on the fact that if your average person collapsed to the floor, unconscious, or started twitching and acting incoherently, an ambulance would be called and they would get medical attention. If something of that sort were to happen to me, I would probably be picked up off the floor and laid on the couch where my family would watch me die, waiting for it to pass.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't expect such a problem to ever occur, but it bothers me nonetheless. Particularly on days like today.

I woke up on the couch a little after noon today. Since that point I have once again been able to put the pieces together based on what others told me. My wife came to take a shower and found me lying on the floor in the bathroom, twitching. Unable to get a response from me, she ended up getting my father who picked me up and carried me to the couch. My wife tells me that the first responses she got out of me were repeated assertions that I had to go home, take a shower, and get ready for work. She was unable to convince me that I was home, or that she had called me off of work. I also handed over forty dollars, which implies to me that I must have won when we played poker last night. Either that or I robbed someone. Maybe both. :)

This has happened twice now within a week's time. Something I will have to address with the doctor. Unfortunately, this is what leads into this fear of mine. That is the protocol. These episodes are things that are discussed afterwards. There is nothing an emergency room can do, and such visits are expensive, so when they happen my family waits it out. I wonder if at some point in the future there will be something serious going on that my family waits out, assuming it is part of this problem.

Unfortunate possibilities that play into my life, or something close to it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Hegemon said...

You know, if you were going to do that anyways we could have called you off from here and then played game 3.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for you, Wanderer. But I don't have any answers for you.

Feel better....

9:00 PM  
Blogger Turtleheart said...

It sounds like you are describing some sort of epileptic seizure. Hope you will get to the doc ASAP and get checked out.

My father-in-law had some strange seizures in the past. He would disappear for days, not know where he was and just drive and drive trying to get home. They were finally able to diagnose him and he is on some kind of medicine for epilepsy. What makes me so angry is how long my husband's parents hid this info from us.

Please get checked out... you wouldn't want this to happen when you were driving or home alone caring for your daughter or anything.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

He's been checked out a hundred times.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Turtleheart - As MC indicates, I have been checked out too many times. There are treatments with little in the way of actual answers. This is actually what I was indicating with my fear. Not that my family is neglectful, but that the problem exists and is something that we are simply used to by now, so if something presented with serious symptoms that were similar, who would guess that was the case.

MC - I know what you mean. Sorry if I interfered with your game 3, but I imagine if I was in it, that one I wouldn't have won. Not that this is a given, since I don't remember winning the one I apparently did.

Katherine - Thank you, again, I am feeling better for the time being. A little angry, but better.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

Nah, it was 5am, I complain only in jest.

Incidentally I'm coming off my fifth straight win at Seneca Niagara.. this one after having to rebuy three times after losing to rockets with the other two rockets, all-in preflop and she catches four clubs. I had to buy in for $380 altogether and cashed out $815 then dropped a hundo on blackjack on the way out.. I bet 10, lost, 20, lost, 35, got 6 5 against a dealer 6, doubled down, caught a 9 for 20, dealer goes face five 21.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

I'm glad you are up over all, but I must comment that I have never watched you walk away from blackjack ahead.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home