Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Blog Anniversary

My blog was officially one year old as of yesterday. I must say that it has turned out to be quite an interesting entity, and very different from anything I had originally expected it to be. In fact, at the time, I wasn't sure what I would expect it to be.

It has transformed several times. First being primarily about my wife's pregnancy and the early stages of father hood, then just odd little thoughts, now a whole religious and personal exploration. It was a barren thing that now has a number of links, pictures, buttons and banners that I didn't know how to do when I started.

My one or two visitors slowly grew to a rather large number, although only a small few could be called regulars, and I have had hits from almost every state and a number of other countries.

All in all, this entity is not anything like I might have expected. It is larger and more read (if still small by the standards of many others out there) than I had expected. Yet, for the most part, I like what it has become. I enjoy hopping on and seeing what comments people have to share, what occasional posts MC has to offer and what's going on with the places I have linked to.

It's been a year, and another year will follow. That's the cyclical nature of life, or something close to it. I'll catch you on the next round.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

You can't prove another year will come or that I ever post anything.

4:29 PM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Happy blogiversay and many more.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

I suppose it was altogether unlikely that anyone would notice, but when I looked back through the early posts I found that several had been made before my tagline emerged, and that for the first two or three that "catch you on the next round" was there, but vanished for reasons as inexplicable as why I had added it, or the existing tagline to begin with.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

did you notice a lot of your regulars don't come here anymore?

Chip Nelson, Grey Owl, kim, et al.. I can't help but think it's probably cause of me.

Then again maybe t's because you're the sort of guy who says "kitty corner."
And you suck at go.

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary Wanderer. And MC what is wrong with saying "kitty corner"? Don't you have anyone living kitty corner across the street from you? :)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

I still can't believe I wrote "kitty corner" in that story. And who won that game of Go?

10:28 AM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

Only on account of villainy and me forgetting to click on your other piece while we were both cheating.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

west of the missisissippi they say
"Katty Corner"

6:24 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Actually the thing with that piece was that it was the only piece on the board that wasn't dead. Theoretically I could have filled it in, or you could have taken it. It was just the whole rest of the board that couldn't have been saved for either of us in their wierd way of figuring it out. We would have gotten to a point in which whomever's turn is next would have decided who's half of the board was lost to the other. The rules don't see the same inevitability in a free standing stone. In our little war of attrition, that guy was at home eating a sandwich.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Hegemon said...

I still hate that game.

Well, in context. I love all games that can be won or lost, but I love that one the least by far.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home