Thursday, April 13, 2006

Unexpected News

Martha went to the optometrist today to get her eyes checked and her glasses prescription updated. After going to the doctor last week for migraines, she was still under the basic impression that her eyes were too far off from the prescription for her glasses, leading to the migraines, which led to the loss of vision in her right eye.

The optometrist said that her eyes were still basically the same (or at least the functional one was) and sent her to a neuro-opthalmologist. (Coincedentally the same one who told me my complete loss of sight due to photophobia when I was in high school was all in my head.)

He had pleasant news for her as well. She has optic neuritis. A condition that can be treated and should eventually allow most of her sight to return. The downside is that (as the article I linked to indicates) patients with this condition have a tendency to develop MS. As such, she is going for an MRI next wednesday to see what they can see in regards to this wonderful possibility. A particularly pleasant outlook for our family which got the reassuring news less than a year ago that I don't have MS, as had been suspected at one point. Let's just hope we go 2 for 2.

And that is the good news of this day in my life, or something close to it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grey Owl said...

Good news so far, my friend - I'll be praying.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Up coughing? I don't like that plan. Entertain yourself with something more healthy.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

You are in my prayers too. I wanted to tell you that last night, but forgot because both Martha and I were so tired, and too busy laughing about old times.
GB ABR

10:36 AM  
Blogger Seraphim said...

Praying. Let us know when there is an update.

LYB

Seraphim

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home